Sunday, November 7, 2010

Acknowledgments, Dedication & the Future

& so we come the conclusion—last Sunday’s poem, “She Sells Seashells” is the last poem in the book The Days of Wine & Roses, & so is also the final poem for this blog.  When I first began The Days of Wine & Roses blog, I thought I might use it for my poetry in general, but at some point it became clear to me that it should only be a online repository for the poems in my book, The Days of Wine & Roses.  So this blog will remain online, but I won't be adding new content for some time.  At some point in the next year or two, I'll be re-publishing The Days of Wine & Roses (book form) with ISBN & improved distribution.  I did this recently with my book of recent poems, The Spring Ghazals.  As a minor note: while this blog is inactive, I will be moderating comments just to keep spam out.

What remains?  I would like to reproduce the Acknowledgments & Dedication:

I want to acknowledge those I believe were most crucial to the creation of these poems & this book:

Judy Anderson, Gayle Eaton, Meghan Gehman, Eddie Gehman Kohan,  Dani Leone, Brittany Newmark-Klein, Pete Simonelli, Molly Turner, Eberle Umbach, Jonah Winter

I’d also like to acknowledge the readers of the Robert Frost’s Banjo & Days of Wine & Roses blogs for their encouragement.

This book of verse is dedicated to my beloved wife, Eberle Umbach, without whose love, hope, encouragement, & creative presence there would be very little poetry in my life.

If you are interested in this book as a book & not just as a series of blog posts, you can purchase it at lulu for $10.00 (US).

Thanks for your support, & all my best wishes to you, dear readers.

No comments: